Thursday, May 27, 2010

Which is the best microwave oven? Panasonic



So I shall share with you my current obsession, the oven which has taken up at least 1 hour of my time each day since we got it a week ago. 'We' refers to my husband of less than 6 months of whom is my most favourite face and yours truly.

And without further ado... voila!


The lean, mean Panasonic NN-CS596A. It can grill, steam, bake, roast, even simple frying and of course microwave. This is the best electrical appliance we own!

The price is a little steep though, but if you stay a few minutes, I will show you that it is worth every cent, and then some. This is the cheapest microwave oven from this brand that can do all the cooking methods above. I got it for RM1699 with 5 years free warranty from Harvey Norman, Sunway Pyramid.

(I also have to tell you that my experience with Harvey Norman's customer service was really excellent, when it could have been disastrous. Silly me bought the wrong model and they were willing to let me change while being so polite and friendly. If u get to know me, I tend to veer off-topic with other interesting stories and I also have my humane blonde moments... but then to be fair, Panasonic's microwave feature descriptions were very vague and utterly confusing.)

My decision was based on small kitchen space, I don't bake that often, and $$$. When we saved money to furnish the place, we had to buy piece by piece and this one also saved me waiting time because I can do everything with just one appliance. The typical electric convection oven for baking and roasting (with my kitchen I only have space for built-ins, would have cost RM1000+ and above anyway. I don't need those big ovens because I bake for fun, and only once in a while.

Neeways, I have since tried to make:

1. baked potatoes aned sweet potatoes
2. roast chicken
3. fried crunchy chicken schnitzel (2 T oil on 4 big juicy chicken breast pieces)
4. steamed siew mai (taste is retained more compared to conventional steaming)
5. instant noodle
6. chocolate cake
7. cook rice to perfection, every single grain(!)
8. and defrost meat with this baby.

The manufacturer has really gotten rid of the conventional microwave oven problems with their infrared heat sensor technology. It can scan 152 points to ensure even temperature on each part of your food, so you have faster, healthier, more economic (from saving electricity) food to enjoy.

Their combination cooking feature also helps to cook food beautifully. For example, to bake potatoes, it uses a combination of microwave (saves time and electricity), steam (potatoes stays plump and juicy) and convection (to maintain the baked taste of the potatoes), in only 10 minutes!

Then the oven saved me from a waste of cake ingredients when I accidently added 2 cups of water instead of 1 as instructed on the recipe. Imagine my surprise when i baked the cake for 2.5 times longer than the recommended duration while maintaining the recipe temperature. No charred parts, no dried out parts and best of all, it still managed to rise beautifully.

I had trouble looking for reviews when deciding on which microwave oven to buy. I want to tell the world I recommend this one event though Ihave not tried cookies and toasting/baking bread. Will post the results when I get to it. Good luck!

14 comments:

  1. hi there, i am using the same oven as your but it gone to service already =(..the circuit breaker is not working well...1 week to wait ><

    Any recipes to share? like:
    3. fried crunchy chicken schnitzel (2 T oil on 4 big juicy chicken breast pieces)
    4. steamed siew mai (taste is retained more compared to conventional steaming)
    I have no idea how to actually use the steam function to the MAX and frying chicken inside! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, how are you?
    I purchased a convection microwave oven two weeks ago, "Elba" http://www.elba.com.my/sa-microwave-EMO3405.htm?a=15 for my wife, the manual book is not complete, only a few pieces of pages just to explain its function. until now I still do not know how to use it fully. How can you use a microwave convection oven to cook food without a special cookbook for microwave? i want to learn from you..
    regards,
    MANSTIR

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking for convection oven that worth every money that would spend at. thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, thanks very much for the review!!!

    My big Sharp MVO (42L) kaput after >10 yrs of usage (actually I rarely cook, hence it lasted that long!!) & now I am thinking of getting one with steaming fucntion.

    Just would like to know how do you find your Panasonic oven now after having used it for more than 10 mths already. Appreciate your feedback ASAP as I need to get one in a couple of days.

    Once again, thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This particular is usually apparently essential and moreover outstanding truth along with for sure fair-minded and moreover admittedly useful My business is looking to find in advance designed for this specific useful stuffs… best microwave oven in india 2018

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Microwave Oven has become an integral part in every household. This post has helped me a lot in

    selecting among the best microwave oven in india with price. There is one more important idea I want to

    add which you can get in this website if you want to get more information on best microwave oven. Just

    see te website and get all the necessary ideas for the microwave oven types and top 10 microwave oven in india .

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post is very simple to read and appreciate without leaving any details out. Great work!
    best electric oven prices in dubai 2020

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Very useful information specially the last part :) I care for such info a lot. I was seeking this particular info for a long time. Thank you and good luck. best microwave convection oven

    ReplyDelete